Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What's that... homemade fun.

This weekend we ended up in IDAHO, at my sister Danille's, house. We got up there late Friday night, of coarse we stayed up late. Then we woke up late Saturday morning had a wonderful breakfast. Then dressed up for a fun time in snow cloths.
Steve got some older snowmobiles for his Christmas gift this year. Then one of his buddies and Steve got a super cool idea. They built there own ski chair out of ply wood, nails, 2 x 2's, old pair of skies, blue fur, and lots of padding. What they did was strapped the homemade chair with a tow rope to the snowmobile and presto you have a homemade ski chair. I have to say I have not had so much fun on a low budget in a long time. Steve you are an inspiration, you don't need tons of $ to have fun.
Danille and Steve live by miles and miles of fields. It had just snowed enough that we were able to take the snowmobile for a spin. Steve let Andy drive the snowmobile while I was in the ski chair and I almost ended in the ditch once. Then Steve let me Drive while Andy was on the ski chair and I almost jackknifed Andy. I guess I'm a crazy driver when it comes to snowmobiles. I ended up breaking off one of the ski's. I didn't break the ski just a screw thank goodness. Any who Steve had to go back and get tools to fix the chair.
Mean while Andy and I were stranded with Reggie, my sisters dog,in the field so we got a little creative and dressed up the poor Reggie.
After the eventful afternoon we headed to the busy town Preston Idaho, where we went to a fabulous fabric store, and the DI and a movie. Then we played two new games that I fell in love with... Bang and Spot it.
In between the fun I grew more in love with my sweet Niece Halie, she is the funniest thing ever. She is super smart and she laughs at herself all the time. At church she would wall walk to Andy hit his shoe and Wall walk as fast as she could back to her mom and dad while laughing. What a goof.
Then Sunday night we went to my moms stayed until Tuesday. Monday I went to Old Navy and got 6 things for only 30 dollars, one of them being a green wool coat for only 7 dollars. We had fun and hope to do it again. Here are some pictures.





No comments:

Favorite songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones