Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Christ like Christmas

This year Andy and I still are having a hard time with money, but honestly who isn't. They say that the Recession is over as of the summer of 2009, I say they really don't have a clue what is going on. Any who this year, in my mind been a year of Christ like Giving.
Jim and Julie are serving a local mission in Sandy. With this mission calling they have had the opportunity to see life in a different view. The people in this area are quit poor and are okay with that. In the ward they are serving in, Jim and Julie felt the need to help 2 families this year. They got all the extended Ridds involved with gathering cloths, basic needs, coats, and other odds and ends. Then we all got together and wrapped everything. Latter that week Jim, Julie, and Abbie went and delivered the gifts. I wish I could have been there but of coarse I had to work. To hear Julies testimony and tell the sweet feelings she had as they delivered the presents was a great straight to me. Thank you Jim and Julie for your example of giving up time, being thoughtful and spreading the Christ like spirit.
Then at work I heard the sweetest story of a co-worker. She has had a hard couple of years and one day they received a anonymous card posted from the north pole. In this card was a gift card, and with this card she was able to buy something fun for her kids for Christmas. Again to hear her testimony and gratitude for who ever gave her that was so sweet. I almost cried, as she thanked the Lord for blessing them this year. I was brought back to what really matters. It isn't the presents or the glitter it is the sweet and simple acts that you will always remember. It also inspired me to try harder next year to give of myself more. Thank you for sharing your testimony of gratitude.
Not only was our Christmas good it was great. I got the one thing I really wanted to be able to get my hair done and new clothes, ohhh and a new purse. Andy got a wallet, tool box and cloths. Ohh ya thank you Danielle and Steve for the Donkey Kong Andy has played it almost everyday, he is glued to it. (I love it too)
Nick and Carly were so sweet and gave us a sweet game. Thank you.


Also both of our parents gave us more than we could imagine, Thank you so much we know it took a lot of sacrifice to give us what you did.


Beside what our families gave us it wasn't anything big this Christmas but I know the moments I will remember are the ones of the spirit not of man.
The Ridd Family Christmas Party


Christmas day at the Gentry's

AJ hanging out with Reggie

Grandpa showing Halley how to play.

Christmas day at the Ridds

Wes and Micheal playing with Morgan's and Carson's Moon Shoes.

Our mini Christmas


Poor Lucky he was warn out

My 1$ shrit... oh ya this out fix cost me 6$.

No comments:

Favorite songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones