Sunday, January 2, 2011

I love to Visit the Temple

One of my good friends, Taryn, at work was preparing to go to the temple and a mission. When she got her temple endowments, I wasn't able to go but we went to the Ogden together with another awesome co-worker, Maryann. After the session I had a crazy idea, which isn't unusual for me, to see how many temples we could visit in one day. With this idea in mind December Thursday the 9Th 2010 we made it happen. We visited 4 temples and did work Temple work in 2 temples.
Our day started off at 6:00 am with sleepy eyes we meet at Beyond Spa parking lot. Then started our quest up to the Logan Temple, where we did a full session, then we turned around and headed south. With 2 hours of driving we made it to Jordan River Temple, snapped a picture (because it was closed for a yearly cleaning). After the drive by picture taking we headed 3 miles to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, there we did initiatory work. With spirits filled but gurgling tummies we decided to go to The Cheese Cake Factory. We stocked up on carbs, cheese cake and all the good stuff and ended our Journey at the Salt Lake Temple.
I must say this was one of my favorite moments this last year. I have never felt so much power as I did that day. I know that temples are the House of the Lord and the work done is a divine work. How blessed we are to live in a day that any worthy member can help those who can't receive the blessings of the temple. What a sweet, humbling opportunity we have to have so many temples around us. My new year goal this year is to visit almost all of them if I can and do some work.
Thank you Maryann, and Taryn for supporting me in this crazy idea, I love you girls so much.
Ogden Temple
Logan Temple

Jordan Temple


Oquirrh Mountain Temple


Salt Lake City Temple

Taryn's Farewell Brunch... We are going to miss you Taryn but you are doing an amazing work that will bless many lives. May the Lord pore his spirit upon you.

Maryann, Camille, Taryn, and Jenni






















No comments:

Favorite songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones