Saturday, May 8, 2010

25 pounds of Butter & Flour

You may be wondering why the title.... Well here it goes.
One of my clients found out that I had been doing weight watchers and flipped a lid when she found out how much Andy and I have lost on our new life change. She told me that I had to go to the store put 25 pounds of butter in my cart and stare at it. Then put the amount Andy has lost as well and try to lift the 54 pounds of butter and cart.
She got me thinking, how much does 25 pounds feel like? of course I had it on my body but seeing it, holding in my hands is a total different ballgame.
Later that night we were at the Ridd's and I told them about the butter story and then Jim disappeared. 5min later he had came back with a 25 pound bag of flour and handed it to me.... I held that thing for no more than 2 min. and could feel my arms start to burn... Crazy I had that on my body.... I can not believe it.
Again I started to think even more and came up with this.... When Andy and I get to our weight goal, I want to make vests that represent the weight we lost, ( so if I lost 100 pounds then the vest would weigh 100 pounds) Taking that X amount pound vest I want to do ether a 5k or a Relay Race or something to remind us of what we where and to show us what have accomplished.
Just for kicks and Giggles I found this picture of 25 pounds of butter on the web

Try it for yourself lift an amount you have lost and you'll be amazed how much you were caring.

1 comment:

The Gentry's said...

Camille, we're so proud of you guys! Can't wait to see you both!

Favorite songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones