Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trouble with the Law

When you work with a security system you are bound to come in contact with the local law. Unfortunately Andy and I for a week we kept having more contact than we wanted.

It all started at the end of May It was the beginning of the week and this was one of my first installs I helped Andy with. We were installing for an older couple about the age of 70's they had lived in there house for years and in the last month they had two break ins. At the end of the install we showed them on demonstration on how to use the system, Andy called in and finalized the install. Meanwhile the couple had a few questions and I explained to them the best I could. But explaining wasn't enough they had to manually type in the codes. Finally they felt confident with how to run the system so we packed up and started on our way to the car.
As we got to the car I notice a police car slowly creeping up the road and stopping in front of the house we installed. I got into the car not thinking about it and turned on the car. Andy loaded our tools in the trunk. Then it happen in a whirl wind. The cop got out of the car, had her hand on her gun holster, another police car drove up facing the opposite direction. We were surrounded.... Andy being his jovial self started to walk to the police officers to explain.
The female cop didn't like this at all, she yelled at Andy, "Get back to your car." Andy dashed to the passenger side fumbled with the door. Then Female cop yelled again in a demanding way, "Put his hands on the car." With a load thud Andy flung himself onto the car. Meanwhile I tried rammed my car into park but only making it into neutral. I got nervous I trun the car off and through my hands up into the air. The female cop came to my window and asked for my ID and to turn off the car. I rolled down the window put the car in park and somewhat tossed my license to the cop. Another Cop showed up to the right and walked to the owners house by that time the owners were on the porch with a look of confusion. The older couple talked to the police officer and they figured out what happened. When the older couple were manually typing in codes they typed in the police burglar distress code, and we didn't cancel it with there master code. That's why the Police showed up. After a few minutes the cops let us go and so we went on our way. We drove off hoping not to get involved with the local police again.
But little did we know later that week we would run into our friendly neighborhood coppers.
This time Andy, I and another tech, named Johnathon, John for short, went to a gas station and were filling up the car. John and Andy were teasing me and I got a little snappy so with a hint of tenseness I told them to get out of the car and walk home. Mind you we were about 30 min away from our Apartments. Well, Andy joking with me went along with what I said got out of the car and started walking. I thought that he would turn around and come back to the car but he didn't. He was on the main road walking the with his phone held out trying to use his GPS. I flipped a U and rolled down the windows.
John and I were both yelling at him to get back into the car. Andy just kept walking... Then I Yelled, "There maybe cops in the area and they'll pull us over."
As I finished my sentience a Police car turned on his lights. Andy ran to the car slammed the door. The Police officer came to my window and asked what had happened. John opened his mouth and rambled the first thing that came to his mind, "Oh he dropped something out the car and was looking for it." I sat there stunned at what he said and Andy sat in his world of shocked. The Cop asked John some questions he wasn't the best person to ask cause he rambles off. The Cop tryed to ask Andy a question Andy just sat there looking at his feet.
The Cop turn to John and said, "does he speak?" referring to Andy.
John said,"Yeah, Andy Speak."
The Cop asked Andy if he was alright. Andy mumbled yeah... The cop continued to ask what Andy was doing. Andy said, "they told me to walk home."
I stepped in the conversation and said, " they were teasing me I joked back and told them to walk home and Andy took it to far."
With a half smile on his face the cop asked for my ID I got it out handed it to him. The cop then said as he walked back to his car, "I just have to check to make sure your not on Americans Most Wanted." I blurred out, "WHAT?" The Cop smiled and walked to his car. As he was doing a background check on my licence John and I start laughing our heads off, quoting the cop and what they may have thought what we were doing, like dealing drugs prostitution so forth. Andy stayed staring at the floor, quite. After it seemed like five minutes the Cop came back and said, "Hey, this area isn't the best area to be in be careful and don't goof off to much. Next time don't stop in the middle of the road." He gave my driver license back and we drove off slowly. Andy finally woke up from his trance and to John and my horror Andy told us that there was a 2nd Cop who was on the right side of the car hiding in my blind spot. That cop heard everything we said. As we drove home we laughed until it hurt and to this day we wont forget what happened to us.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Y'all!
So you're in Texas, maybe you could tell why in your blog -- we are clueless. We love ya, good luck down there!

Favorite songs


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones